Tuesday, February 17, 2009

M is for Matuba

http://www.matuba-sushi.com/

Type of restaurant: Sushi

We had: Shrimp/Vegetable Tempura appetizer, Spicy Tuna roll, Continental Roll, shrimp and tuna sashimi, and miso soup.

Thoughts: Nice and quiet. I've been to Matuba several times and it was Allister's first time. They aren't too big on the specialty rolls, but everything they serve is good. When I try a new sushi place, it always has to pass the "spicy tuna roll test." Aside from being one of my favorites, its a pretty easy roll. If they can't get that right, the place usually isn't so good. The Continental roll was pretty good which surprised me because I don't always love avocado in my rolls. They also get high marks for the tempura because Allister and I didn't have to fight over who got the sweet potato, there were two! Yummy miso soup also.

Overall opinion: Matuba is a good, steady sushi place. I never have to wait when I go there, and the staff is really friendly. Also, you can't beat their Monday night $1 sushi special. If you're looking for somewhere more upscale or with more adventurous dishes, Matuba may not be for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment